Make your first dance memorable!
Personalized First Dance choreography in Rhode Island
Sure, most weddings involve attendees boogieing down on the dance floor. There’s hardly a better way to celebrate a new union. But many weddings also include special, traditional dances that spotlight honored guests.
There's the first dance, where the couple takes their first spin on the dance floor. During the parents’ dance, the couple enjoys a special moment with the people who raised them.
Whether you simply want to feel more confident in your coordination as a couple or you want to bust out some serious moves on the dance floor, it’s a good idea to consider dance lessons before your wedding day so you don’t end up with four left feet in your debut as a duo.
Plus, not only are you practicing this special moment for your wedding by taking lessons, but this dance adventure is something you can enjoy throughout your lives together. You’ll always have a little something to show off as a couple at future events.
Many couples want to perform a unique routine designed by a professional. While it’s obvious that everybody has a different learning curve, we always recommend starting early since things can get crazy as the weddings get closer, We also want people to feel confident and comfortable performing which comes with practice. We recommend starting 2-3 months before the big day.
Some tips before we get to work:
1. Know the size of your floor
2. Know where the audience will be seated
3. Know if you can walk backwards in your dress
4. Know if you like how you look when you lift your arms if you have a suit/tux jacket on during the dance.
5. Know if your song will played by a band or DJ. If you have a band, make sure they will play your song to the same tempo and not change the intro or anything about the song
6. Know from where you enter the room or dance floor. If it is more than 15 feet to the dance floor, let's make sure you have a "walk-on" song before we start your choreography
7. Let your photographer know we will planning moves that will be facing the audience so they need to know where to stand to capture that great dance poise from the perfect angle!
Your first private lesson or first group class are on me! We can get to know each other and find out if the studio is the right fit for you.
Look forward to meeting you soon!